Euro Council Tax

Euro Council Tax

Postby longilily » Mon May 19, 2008 9:48 am

Hi

We are due over next week to sign our deeds etc, And we have been informed by our solicitor that we have to pay a Euro Council Tax of 217euro per studio plus a garbage collection fee.

I have read in other area's of the forum info on municipal tax, is this the same charge with a different name ? Is this amount correct ?
I assume other owners are in the same situation ?

Your views people please
longilily

Re: Euro Council Tax

Postby cainy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:17 am

i cannot understand why u have to pay your council tax in euros when the bulgarian currency is levs if sean and di are reading this message could u enlighten us
cainy

Postby Garyjs » Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

I copied this from a post from another forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"the council tax from nfc is two or three hundred pounds a year but ******* solicitor says dont pay fn anything this year (as it is not signed over to us as per contract) and then pay it yourself in nessebar town next year which should only cost 90 lev!!

will wait too see how it turns out"
Garyjs

Postby longilily » Mon May 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks for your comments, Am still a bit confused though ...Is this council tax two to three hundred pounds a year or 90lv ?
Maybe i should get in contact with Fort Noks !!
Sounds like i should investigate this further rather than hand over this money to my solicitor a year early,
Thanks again

Longilily
longilily

Postby June » Mon May 19, 2008 11:38 pm

I think that I would question this money that they are asking for, You wont be on the council tax list yet to pay your council tax as you have not yet signed for your apartment, also it takes them a long time to put people onto the computer to pay at the Municipal.
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby longilily » Tue May 20, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks for your input June,garyjs and cainy
Obviously everyone recognised my mistake putting Pounds not Euros,Haved mailed Di and Sean as cainy suggested to get their views too, Do feel somethings not right here,

Thanks again everybody
longilily

Postby Garyjs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 am

I make my final payment November 2008

I have paid for 5 years maintenance & this years insurance

I have not yet furnished the 1 bed 54 SQm Apartment or had a kitchen fitted

We went to collect the keys last week & Fort Noks insisted on 200 Euros for Council Tax

I told them to keep the keys

I will try again next year

Gary S
Garyjs

Postby cainy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 pm

anybody what has purchased a apartment on nessebar fort club and have hired the services of a solicitor/lawyer why dont u get in touch with him/her to sort this council tax out that is what u pay them for. i know it is a bit complicated because fortnoks gave us a 12 month defered option on our last payment if they had not done that we would be liable for council tax for 2008 so i think its a legal matter
cainy

Postby finbarrk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 pm

I signed for 2 studios and a 2 bedroom apt on Tuesday and I was told I had to pay €320 for the 2 bed and €122 for each of the studios. There didn't seem to be any way out of it.
finbarrk

Postby Garyjs » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:44 pm

These Council Tax Fee's seem expensive to me, & where not mentioned in the Fact Sheet I received from Emerging Real Estate who I purchased through (I have just emailed them)

What concerns me is how much will it be next & subsequent years

I will not be letting my apartment so it will only get used a couple of weeks a year

NFC was built in a field that has no pavement or road crossing, can't help wondering what exactly the 200 Euros Fort Noks demanded will be paying for
Garyjs

Postby Mary lou » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:17 am

We were told by our solicitor the Council Tax was 320 euros which we paid just before we signed deeds for our one bedroomed apartment. When we got our credit card statement they had taken £420. I contacted solicitor about this last week but so far no reply. I paid this to the accountant at Fort Knox. What is going on!!!!
Mary lou

Postby Garyjs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:00 am

I have been in touch with several apartment owners in NFC who are using the complex & not had to pay any council tax

I have emailed both Fortnoks & the UK agents I purchased through about the Council Tax, both have failed to answer

I will be in Sunny Beach again in 2 weeks time, if I have to pay 200 Euros to receive my key, they can keep it.

I have heard that NFC are liable for the Council Tax until we sign with a Notary, but even if we did have to pay, it would only be around 90 Lev's (46 Euros) if you paid directly to the council.

I paid 5 years Maintenance Fee's in order to avoid Annual price hikes, I guess if they can't up that every year, they will get me on the Council Tax

Gary
Garyjs

Postby cainy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 pm

mary lou - is your solicitor british or irish or is he bulgarian i think someone is trying to pull a fast one if its a council tax i would of thought u paid it to the council im goin over on monday have to try and suss it out
cainy

Postby June » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:41 am

Your Council tax is paid to the Municipal which is in Nessebar, it is also paid in Lv not in euros to them, until your property is registered to you and you have been added to the computer of the Municipal there is no Municipal charge, being added to the computer can take some time and in fact some owners will wait for about a year before they are registered on the computer, you do back pay but the charge per year is very small. Can I just check that people are talking about Municipal charges i.e. roads, lights etc, and not what has to be paid as tax, which has to be paid to the Municipal ????
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby Garyjs » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:56 pm

We complete & make the final payment November 2008

Last month I was asked for 200 Euros Council Tax before I could have the key

I will be asking again in 2 weeks time, if I get the same reply they can keep the key
Garyjs

Next

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB