Disasterous walk to beach/town

Disasterous walk to beach/town

Postby finbarrk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm just back from a few days inspecting my apt and everything looks ok in the complex itself. What I am unhappy about is the condition of the road into the town. It is totally unsafe to try and walk with kids by the looks of it and also very dark, the footpaths (where there are any) are broken and cracked which makes pushing a buggy difficult. Also there are 2 very dangerous roads to cross without any pedestrian crossings. Then I heard someone saying that when you get a taxi they think it's Nessebar town you want to go when you tell them the name of the complex.
The bottom line is the complex is fine but access to town is terrible.
finbarrk

Re: Disasterous walk to beach/town

Postby simon and kate » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am

totally agree with you! during the day at least you can see where you are walking. The night time is very dangerous but we couldnt find a little torch anywhere!
simon and kate

Postby SpudHead » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:14 am

when i get a taxi back to the complex i aways ask for the aquapark to avoid confusion.
SpudHead

Postby cainy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 pm

finbarrk - you are right about them two roads leading down to the centre of sunnybeach no decent footpaths. i still think fortnoks should have installed footpaths on both sides of the road outside the complex and put a pedestrian crossing there or funded it. what do they think its goin to be like when holiday fort club is up and running two complexes together hundreds of people trying to cross the road i think that is one good reason why we should not pay council tax this year. they try and blame bourgas council saying its their responsibility but it was just a field before fortnoks built on it. if this was in spain i dont think the council their would allow it to open. is it goin to take a person losing their life before they build a bridge or something similar.
cainy

Postby greg » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Have just returned from the complex after a fortnights holiday with the wife and kids and the place looks great.
Allthough there were few people there , the kids thought it was great having the pools to themselves.
The staff are very nice and it was great to talk to stella in person , she sorted a couple of little problems out for us.
I must highly recommend blue eden who furnished our apartment , milly and nick they have done a fantastic job and its spot on .
There is only one restaurant at the moment , which i think could become very busy if they dont open another pretty soon once people start to arrive, lovely food and very cheap, served by to very nice young ladies meggi and Rali.
On the whole the place is very nice and the people friendly.
Our only dissapointment was outside the complex
Not only was the road outside the complex very dangerous to try and cross, but sometimes frightening, cars overtaking each other at ridiculous speeds.
There are no street lights just dirt tracks to walk on, and with my wife and two young children sometimes nearly impossible , dont get dressed up to go out .you will come back filthy.
We bought our apartment to let, but there is no way this year we can do that , because once they see the state of the road they will want there money back.
Lets hope somebody ,somewhere can sort this nightmare out :(
greg

Postby Garyjs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:32 am

Only a matter of time now from the 1st fatality, then people will start taking more interest

It's a bit like crossing the M1 only the traffic comes from the left not the right

I will not be using my apartment this year as I am not happy to pay 200 Euros for Council tax, when we don't even have a pavement

Gary S
Garyjs

Postby Wendy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:21 pm

They have put an underpass in to avoid the road between Crown and Panorama, maybe they could do that here??
Wendy

Postby hood » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Wendy,

Who put that road in, FortNoks or the Council ?
hood

Postby June » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Fort Noks put the underpass in at Panorama, the reason that I have heard for not putting the underpass in is due to the fact the municipal will not allow it due to the fact that the road would have to be shut for a period of time as it was when they did Panorama, this is the main Varna to Burgas road and it would cause quite a problem if the road was closed. Dont know if this is the reason but this is what I have heard from the municipal
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby hugh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:15 pm

hi all, when i first went to bulgaria to buy a place, fort noks took me to the field that our apartmemts now stand, when i seen how the road was with the cars speeding past, i asked how will people cross this road. they said dont worrie for sure there will be an underpass, i then asked, how about footpaths etc? they then told me this whole area will be upgraded dont worrie.i have been back a few times from that and still nothing has been done. i think we should demand that this is done, after all we have paid good money.
hugh

Postby Garyjs » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Once a few people have been killed it will be sorted.

Sad but probaby true.
Garyjs

Postby Linda Lyons » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:10 pm

HI ALL CONCERNED I THINK THAT EVERYONE THATS DUE TO PAY THE FINAL INSTAL AT THE END OF THE YEAR SHOULD REFUSE TO DO SO UNTIL FN CARRY OUT THEIR PROMISES,LIKE YOU HUGH WE WERE SHOWN THE FIELD AND ASSURED THAT THERE WOULD BE A BRIDGE TO CROSS THE RD WITH FOOTPATHS ETC.I'M SURE IF PEOPLE WERE TOLD THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE LEFT LIKE THIS THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT, AFTER ALL TO BE ABLE TO CROSS THE RD IS AN NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY,WE WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT HAD WE KNOWN LYN
Linda Lyons

Postby ptoner » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 am

Hi all,

When I asked what would be done about the road a week ago I was told that Fort Noks do not own the land for a footpatch / bridge / underpass, hence they cannot just build a footpath along the road, as it would need approval from the municipal and could be ripped up at some point in the future if they went ahead and did it without this.

I understand that Fort Noks have applied to the municipal for traffic lights and a crossing to be installed, not exactly sure where, but would make sense at either (or both) cross roads outside the complex (one at Action AquaPark, other at Happy Village Restuarant). As with everything in Bulgaria paper work takes a long time to get reviewed and approved, so we are not sure when the authority will be given for this and when it will be done, but hopefully by next year. The footpaths will take longer to get sorted I would imagine, but at least if the crossing was installed then everyone could cross the road safer.

The safest point we have found to cross the road is in front of the MiniMarket at Nfc, you dont have to walk along the road and can cross directly into an open plot of land to the right of the Aquapark. A few mins across this you enter into a large warehouse yard which is well lit, and if you turn right and walk through this at the end on the left you will get onto the road with a footpath to take you into sunny Beach. You still need to take care walking this way as it can be a busy area with deliveries etc, but we found it preferable to walking the main road with cars speeding past at high speeds.

Another handy tip is to buy some torches when walking back at night, or alternatively get a taxi back to the complex (at night we pay tops 20 leva for this short journey from any taxi on the street).

Maybe if Fort Noks thought about running a bus in the evening back and forth from the complex (even if it cost a few leva each), this make everyone happy (and safer!!!). ADMIN - any chance of considering this?

Hope this help,

Paddy G5a-721
ptoner

Postby mishka05 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi we returned last wed after 2 weeks in our appt, yes the road is very dangerous and you need your wits about you when crossing, especially at night time and would'nt advise it when you have had one too many vodka's !!
However we did notice the last 2 days of our stay ( mon, tues) there was a chap and a digger clearing the field on the same side of the road as NFC, just a little further down near towards the junction that you turn up to go into town. Whether this is because there is some more building work taking place or whether it may be FN doing something with regard to pavements or crossings I do not know, does anyone else know.
Having said that we have had a few people staying at our appt over the past few weeks and I have warned them about the road at the time of booking and it has'nt put them off, in fact they are booking again for next year, as the fab time they had while staying at NFC has far outweighed the hassle of the road. I also took some handbag sized torches out with me and left them in the appt for my guests to use. I know this doe'snt solve the problem, but hopefully this is only going to be short term.

Julie D7
mishka05

Postby perrym » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi :(

Just got back from my stay and to let you know that my wife late one night (it was pitch black) mis judged the speed of a lorry and came close (horn sounding, lights flashing close) to ending up flat in the road luckily she managed to cross but this could have been disasterous, so yes I agree it is a dangerous road so much so that I have placed a notice in my apartment advising my renters of the need to be careful when crossing,

We did notice that some people were putting new lamp posts up on both sides of both roads leading into Sunny Beach i'm not sure if the plan to carry on and meet up along the road, here's hopin

Perrym
perrym

Next

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB