Another day in Paradise

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Re: Another day in Paradise

Postby Di & Sean » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 am

Good morning all from a warm and dry Elenite,
Temperature got to 15 degrees yesterday, so took advantage of clearing the beach and having a few drinks and a bonfire later when it got cooler. Rough sea again overnight so more wood washed up. Today really warm for this time of the morning, sun coming out and the sea alot calmer. The swans have also turned up in the bay this morning. Bourgas has plenty of sales on minus 30 to 40 % in most shops. Hope you are all coping with the snow, taking care and keeping warm. Have a great day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 am

Good morning all from a warm Elenite,
Yesterday warm and sunny intervals, today much the same. Temperatures almost hitting 20 degrees, it was really warm and T shirt weather. Very strange weather for this time of year, but loving it. Sunshine forecast for the next few days, so should be plenty of beach meetings and drinks. Last night had a bonfire, still plenty of wood to burn, a few drinks with friends and a great evening had. Weekend upon us, so looking forward to a chill out, have a great weekend all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby alan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 am

ATB for 2010 Di & Sean glad to see you aren't having the same weather as us its bloody freezing here took the bin out this morning fell and cut my nose.
roll on summer
Dee sends her love
alan
alan

Postby Di & Sean » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 am

Good morning all from a sunny and mild Elenite,
Happy New year too Alan and Dee, sorry to hear of your fall, hope you ok now. Cannot believe the weather you are all having, still lovely here. Today clear blue sky and sun out with very mild temperature's.
Hope you all had a good weekend, we started off with a bonfire on the beach. Then a chill out weekend. Saturday, weather was dry, Sunday ended up with some rain and a little thunder storm. A good excuse to stay home and cook. We also got guest on Messambria over the weeekend so had more company. Have a good day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 am

Good morning all from a dry and sunny Elenite,
Lovely sunshine and warm yesterday, a little breeze but still able to get out on the beach and have a bonfire early tea time when the sun went down. A lovely sunset too. Today not a cloud in sight, calm sea and no wind. Going to be a pleasant day, temperature's reaching almost 20 degrees. Work has commenced on Robinzon's bar for the last 2 days, so will keep you updated with progress. Weather this morning is really warm for this time of day, so maybe the bbq will be out later. Have a great day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 am

Good morning all from a wet Elenite,
Well it had to happen, started raining last night and looks set to stay all day. Still mild and pleasant. Yesterday was a really warm sunny day, able to sit on the balcony catching up on some sunbathing. :D A calm sea this morning, more swans turned up by Panorama area, not as many as last year but still nice to see. All quiet on Messambria again, the weekender's have gone home, so back to home alone. Work should be starting on the cladding soon on Mfb, so will keep you posted.
Have a great day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby pip balfe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 am

about time to, you have had it easy for farto long i was almosted tempted to pop over for a weekend but as you have probably heard most airports out of the u.k. are closed due to snow .I am looking out of my window and warwick looks fab but b...........................freezing

pip balfe :D :D :D :D :D
pip balfe

Postby Di & Sean » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 am

Good morning all from a dry Elenite,
Rain has at last stopped, so dry this morning but rather chilly. Temperature's have dropped and snow showers forecast. Like you say Pip, it is about time we had a little sign of winter. Hopefully not for too long. :wink: There has been lots more wood washed up on the beach, so we need good weather to get out there and clear the beach. Big ships were in the bay last night, usually a sign of a storm, but came to nothing and they have all gone this morning. Have a good day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby pip balfe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 am

looks like its begining to thaw in warwick still cold :D :D :D
pip balfe

Postby Di & Sean » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 am

Good morning all from a dry Elenite,
Stayed dry yesterday, slight snow shower that lasted 10 minutes and that was it. Getting much colder in the evenings now. Today sunny intervals but chilly, at least it is dry and crisp. The swans have moved from Panorama down to Messambria, just out in the bay, a lovely sight. Nice calm sea this morning, got a little choppy last night. Too much wood now, will have to get the bonfire lit over the weekend. Weather permitting. Have a great weekend all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:19 am

Good morning all from a wet Elenite,
A very chilly weekend had here, stayed dry Saturday, rain started late yesterday and continued through the night. Raining this morning, quite windy and a very rough sea. Work on Robinzon's bar is progressing, maybe opening end of March, will keep you updated. Had a lovely meal at the Oasis in new Nessebar Friday, prices reasonable, polite and friendly staff. Would reccommend a visit. Then lots of shopping to stock up, just incase we get snowed in. Snow forecast for the week.
Have a great day all.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Good afternoon, from a very snowed in Elenite,
Yep snowed in, no power for 14 hours and it is very cold. Had to happen at some stage. Just went for a walk to PFB and I had to roll in the snow as my legs were not long enough. No I was not drunk. So found my mate Dot and we had a walk, looks so nice we had to do it. 2 minutes into the snow and we were rolling about laughing so much, because we got stuck, it was up to our hips. Never laughed so much, finally Dot walked me back home, then I walked her back, and got stuck again. It is the worst snow fall I have seen in the years we have been here. So the plan is, now we have electric, keep warm, dry and safe. Hot toddies on the go as I type. Most of the Black sea coast without electric. So count our lucky stars. Looks like it is in for the week. The sea was really rough last night and pulled down the retaining wall of the monestry Hotel. ( The one next to MFB ) So when we get out and about we will update you all. Have a good day.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Di & Sean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:24 am

Good morning all from a sunny Elenite,
Still snowed in, bitter cold but the sun is shining today, hope for it to melt some snow. The sea a lot calmer this morning and no wind. Snow stopped early evening, although more is on its way. So hope to have a walk into St Vlas and do some shopping. Also to see the extent of the snow fall in the area. A few cars seem to be getting through to Royal park area, but the road at Mfb and Pfb is a no go. Drifting snow has blocked all entrances. Have a good day all.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby julie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Di can we have some pics please
Julie XXX
julie

Postby Di & Sean » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Julie,
No worries, we will try our best and get some for you.
Take care, speak soon.
Sean
Di & Sean

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL